My experience, wisdom and perspective inform how I help clients navigate legal issues that come with family life.
For over thirty years, I have worked in the legal field. I started out as a legal assistant during college, then a law clerk, and as a licensed attorney since 1989.
As a Portland native, I enjoyed my work as a counselor for the City of Portland Parks and Recreation and as an intern for Mayor and Speaker of the House, Vera Katz. I lived and worked abroad as an Assistant Attorney General and then as Legislative Counsel in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
My study of yoga resulted in certification as a hatha yoga instructor in 2001, and teaching experiences with organizations including the First Unitarian Church and the Hillsboro School District. In 2015, I began working as a volunteer mediator for the City of Beaverton. Both of these paths now inform my legal practice.
When I am not working, you will likely find me gardening, running, listening to music, enjoying sports and hanging out with my children, husband and extended family.
I look forward to helping you navigate the legal system toward answers and solutions to your legal questions and problems.
Alternatives to Litigation/Restorative Justice
- Mediation of Parenting Plans
- Mediator Following Death of a Family Member/Friend
- Mediation of Employment Disputes
- Humane Consideration and Facilitation of Dialogue Following Difficult Family Conversations
- Teenage/Parent Conflicts
- Joint or Individual Representation of Marital Dissolution
- Joint or Individual Representation in Paternity Cases
- Preparation of Prenuptial Agreements
- Drafting of simple or complex Estate and Incapacity Planning
- In Home Visits for Consultation, Drafting and Execution
- Mediation of Minor or Major Conflicts Relating to Thoughts About Estate and Incapacity Decisions